- Bees are the only insects in the world that make food that people can eat
- Honey contains all of the substances needed to sustain life including enzymes, water, minerals and vitamins
- One bee will only make 1/12 of a teaspoon in its entire life time
- Many plants rely on insects like bees to be pollinated; which is why they provide nectar to say thanks
- Honey has natural preservative so that it won’t go bad
- Bee keepers only take the honey that bees do not need which can be as much as 45kgs from one hive
- There are lots of different types of honey which taste different depending on flowers used to make it.
- A third of all plants we eat have been pollinated by bees
- Bees have two separate stomachs; one for food and another just for nectar.
- It is estimated that it would take 1,100 bees to make 1kg of honey and they would have to visit 4 million flowers